All About Concrete Press News

Dropped Kerb Installer Retford

Feb 8

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? A kerb must be dropped if you are going to drive onto your land from the pavement. You must be able for your vehicle to cross the driveway from a commercial area or residential neighbourhood in order to access a highway.

Kerb drop allows vehicles to cross asphalt from a road to a driveway. If you want to drive onto your property, this is a legal requirement.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside of your home can often cause stress. It is possible that you will need to pay a permit fees. You may have difficulty finding a parking spot in some urban areas. If you plan on driving across the pavement onto your property, a dropped kerb will be required. If you have questions check out our website Q and A's.

Access to the public road must be possible from either a residential or commercial driveway. It allows vehicles to cross roads from driveway to road. You will need one to be able to drive on your own property.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerb-drop can be a significant improvement in accessing your property. Additionally, it will help prevent cars from parking on your driveway. A driveway access law states that you must have a vehicle crossover in order to drive a vehicle up the footway into your driveway.

It is illegal to drive on footways if you don't comply. You may face prosecution if you violate the law.

It might be necessary to reinforce the pavement in front the property. It may be necessary to move street furniture, such as lampposts and manhole covers.

Retford Vehicle Crossover Experts

Contact your local council if you're unsure whether you require permission. Get in touch with your local government to determine if you need planning permission. The cost of applying will depend on where you live.

Once permission has been granted you can then find a local specialist for the job.

It is not something you can do yourself. There are specific requirements that the council places on service providers. Some councils will only allow you to use their approved contractors. Others let you use your own contractors as long as they meet New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 specifications. Highway assessments by the council might incur an additional fee.

A local authority registered drop-kerb contractor is a great option to simplify your life. They will file all applications on your behalf and get them approved usually quickly, as they have a good track record with their council.

Our drop-kerb installation and application for planning permission is a long-standing business. We will visit your property and take measurements. We will also consider any other factors that may be required for planning permission. We have plenty of experience in this location and other towns also

We are an approved local authority contractor and can work with your county to install a drop kerb in compliance with all regulations.

Contact us for a free quote. Details are on our website